cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r407477 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/util: ./ log/
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 19:27:32 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>> + * @deprecated This class will be removed in 2.2
>>>   * @version $Id$
>>>   */
>>>  public class CocoonLogFormatter extends ExtensiblePatternFormatter
>> What is the replacement?
>>
> There is no replacement as we have dropped our own logkit support in 2.2
> completly - it's still possible to use logkit in 2.2 though.

So you are saying it is still possible to log to LogKit, but it won't be feature
  complete / backwards compatible with 2.1? Hm...

Just to satisfy curiosity, is there a log4j support for Cocoon log format?
(looking at .../core/cocoon-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/log4j.xconf, I'd
guess that the answer is 'no').

Vadim