cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Release?
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:51:34 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> AFAICT there is not much work left to get a first beta release out of the door.
> The only issue that I know of is that the reloading classloader doesn't work
> which would be important to get it fixed. Does somebody have time to look into
> this problem?
>
> Then we could release
>
>   - cocoon-core
>   - cocoon-bootstrap
>   - cocoon-template
>   - cocoon-deployer-plugin
>   - cocoon-22-archetype-webapp
>   - cocoon-22-archetype-block
>
> I would like to see those modules released *before* the ApacheCon. Does anything
> speak a release on Monday (June, 19th)?

Yes, most samples are currently not working and this includes the
template block - I wrote an email last week (or the week before), but
got no reply for the problem at hand.

So, imho we should try to get most samples working - it's not necessary
that all samples work, but there should be more working samples than
failing ones. So as long as this is the case, I'm -1 on a release.

In addition, I would like to have a support for paranoid classloasding
in the deployer: controlled by a property the deploy could rewrite my
web.xml and add the paranoid servlet, listener and filters. Now, I could
come up with the code for rewriting the web.xml, but have no clue how
and where to add this in the deploy code.

Finally :) how to we do the actual release? We have to take care of
legal aspects as well, like adding all licenses of the uses dependencies
etc.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/