cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Per-Sitemap classloading
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 09:53:21 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>>>thanks, I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>Basically it works :-) - except that class files don't get reloaded.
>>

> Great, by default it uses the configured class loader factory which I
> guess is just the default implementation and not the reloading one. The
> default is in the cocoon.roles file. So perhaps changing this or adding
> an additional factory and refering to it from the sitemap might help:
>
> <map:classloader factory-role="OWN_FACTORY_ROLE">

I added another role/impl

   <component logger="classloader"
     role="org.apache.cocoon.classloader.ClassLoaderFactory/reloading"
     class="org.apache.cocoon.classloader.ReloadingClassLoaderFactory">
   </component>

but only with partly success because a change in the classes is not propagated
to the sitemap and a reset of the classloader.

> We could also provide different defaults for different running modes: in
> "prod" the default classloader factory and in "dev" the reloading one.

I consider using <map:classloader> as "at development time" only. Hence I think
that we don't need different behaviour for different running modes.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc