cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Please review changes to WildcardHelper
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:59:05 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 11:27 +0200, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> I'm not sure if the code of the wildcard helper is correct at all; I
>> guess there are still other cases where the pattern does not match
>> although it should. So I think we have to rewrite the code anyway. One
>> idea I had is to transform the pattern into a regexp and then use
>> one of the regexp libraries for matching.
>
> This won't be of much help, but I thought the wildcard matcher is
> significantly faster than regexpes.

Yes, the wildcard matcher is indeed faster (although the question is if
it really makes a difference for the performance of the whole request).
Why do you think that using regexp won't be of much help? The regexp
libraries are tried and trusted.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/