cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Please review changes to WildcardHelper
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:34:00 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> I just fixed the bug in our wildcard helper. The problem was the
> following: if a pattern ends with a constant string (like ".xml")
> and the uri in question contained this constant twice (like
> ("hello.xml.xml") the pattern did not match.
>
> I added a junit test case for this and now the tests all succeed.
> BUT, while looking at the wildcard helper code, I found several smelling
> code place, like unreachable code etc. which I cleaned up.
> In addition the fix for the bug "seems" to work, but I'm not 100% sure
> if it breaks something else.
> So, it would be great if others can review the code.

Great!!! I was wondering who really understands this class ;-) I'm happy that
it's at least one of us.

My following proposal might sound strange but I would like to see the
WildcardHelper within a separate module as I found several usecases outside of
Cocoon and always had to copy it. On the other hand the WildcardHelper is only
one single class. WDOT?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc