cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Please review changes to WildcardHelper
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:27:15 GMT
Hi,

I just fixed the bug in our wildcard helper. The problem was the
following: if a pattern ends with a constant string (like ".xml")
and the uri in question contained this constant twice (like
("hello.xml.xml") the pattern did not match.

I added a junit test case for this and now the tests all succeed.
BUT, while looking at the wildcard helper code, I found several smelling
code place, like unreachable code etc. which I cleaned up.
In addition the fix for the bug "seems" to work, but I'm not 100% sure
if it breaks something else.
So, it would be great if others can review the code.

I'm not sure if the code of the wildcard helper is correct at all; I
guess there are still other cases where the pattern does not match
although it should. So I think we have to rewrite the code anyway. One
idea I had is to transform the pattern into a regexp and then use
one of the regexp libraries for matching.

WDYT
Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/