cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <>
Subject Re: [2.2] Release?
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:47:36 GMT
On Monday 19 June 2006 14:40, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> > Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> >> Regardless of the name, I think we should take a little bit more time
> >> and use the ApacheCon hackathon to "prepare" this first release and then
> >> release (or upload) right after the ApacheCon.
> >
> > Then let's release in the first week of July *whatever* we have by then.
> > This should also be the starting signal for a time-based release cycle
> > (see my other answer to this mail).
> >
> :) Sorry to be a little pita here, but I will vote against a release in
> the first week of July *if* the situation with the samples is still the
> same. If this is fixed by then I'll be fine :)

Could the compromise be that the 'release' == 'alpha/beta/grokmake' with the
README listing '* Examples a,b,c not working,' ??

Striving for perfection before action, is a paradox as perfection can only be
obtained by fine-tuning the action.

I would +1 a improved release every week. Small steps. Little to consider.
Fast Forward. Done, Next!, Done! ... Anybody still around from the Cocoon 1.0
times ??

View raw message