cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Release?
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2006 06:18:09 GMT
On Sunday 18 June 2006 14:08, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Sunday 18 June 2006 12:10, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> > /www/people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository (which is the same as
> > the above) is the apache maven2 snaphot repository. Only releases(!!)
> > may be deployed to /www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository which is
> > getting synchronized with ibiblio.
>
> But the problem is that /www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository is a
> Maven1 (!) repository, and not Maven2...

Just found the answer on the general@incubator list.

/www/www.apache.org/dist/maven-repository/

I am pasting the README file from that directory;

-bash-2.05b$ cat /www/www.apache.org/dist/maven-repository/README.txt
http://www.apache.org/dist/maven-repository

This is a Maven 2.0+ repository for deployment of official Apache releases.

DO NOT INCLUDE THIS IN YOUR PROJECT REPOSITORY LIST - USE A MIRROR

Please follow these rules when deploying to this repository:

- only deploy releases voted on by the PMC
- sign all artifacts and POMs (currently, this is a manual step)
- never deploy snapshots or development releases to this repository
- ensure that if a release is deleted from /dist/, it is removed from here
completely also (excluding archiving)
- no artifacts are allowed from projects under incubation
- make sure you have your maven settings correctly set to make directories
group writeable.

This repository is not currently synced automatically to Ibiblio and the Maven
mirrors. Please request this at dev@maven.apache.org after deploying here.

This repository is archived to
http://archive.apache.org/dist/maven-repository/
and synced to iBiblio with a no-delete option, so things can be deleted from
apache and still available through ibiblio

IMPORTANT:

Permissions should be

775 for directories
644 for files

Which can be done in Maven 2 settings.xml with

    <server>
      <id>apache.releases</id>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>644</filePermissions>
    </server>
    <server>
      <id>apache.snapshots</id>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
      <filePermissions>644</filePermissions>
    </server>

Due to a bug in Maven (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEPLOY-28)
maven-metadata.* files need to have 664 permissions

Run these commands to fix the permissions of your files after deployment:

snapshots:

find /www/cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository ! -perm 775 -type d -user
${USER} -exec chmod 775 {} \;
find /www/cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository ! -perm 664 -iname
maven-metadata.xml* -user ${USER} -exec chmod 664 {} \;
find /www/cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository ! -perm 644 ! -iname
maven-metadata.xml* -type f -user ${USER} -exec chmod 644 {} \;

releases:

find /www/www.apache.org/dist/maven-repository ! -perm 775 -type d -user
${USER} -exec chmod 775 {} \;
find /www/www.apache.org/dist/maven-repository ! -perm 664 -iname
maven-metadata.xml* -user ${USER} -exec chmod 664 {} \;
find /www/www.apache.org/dist/maven-repository ! -perm 644 ! -iname
maven-metadata.xml* -type f -user ${USER} -exec chmod 644 {} \;