cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Release?
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 04:33:23 GMT
On Thursday 15 June 2006 04:39, Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > Finally :) how to we do the actual release? We have to take care of
> > legal aspects as well, like adding all licenses of the uses dependencies
> > etc.
>
> core has a dependency on the licenses block, does that cover your legal
> requirements ?
>

> As to how to actually do the release, unsure.  If it was me doing it
> next week i would do something like this for the maven part of things:
>
>   1. change the poms manually to reflect the correct version number of
> the core (eg 2.2.0M1 or whatever). Also change the version number of
> each module itself to be non-snapshot (eg 1.0-SNAPSHOT becomes 1.0).
>   2. tag
>   3. mvn source:jar javadoc:jar repository:bundle-create for each module
> we're releasing, don't forget the module poms
>   4. bump the version numbers for all modules, 1.0.0 becomes
> 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT or 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT etc. Reset the version number of core
> back to 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.
>   4. create a jira issue for the jars to be uploaded, described here
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.html

I think that Maven's Release plugin is expected to handle all of that in one
go.

mvn release:prepare
mvn release:perform

However, the latest Release plugin (beta4) has regressed and in my cases
working less well than the beta3 (which I would recommend).

What is needed is that the POM(s) are properly configured for the Release
process. At least <distributionManagement>, <scm> and the <configuration>
for
the release plugin must be correctly specified. Possibly a <repository> as
well.

I'll give it a go later today and see what is missing and try to figure out
what should go in there...

Cheers
Niclas