cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Tree widget based on XML document
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:29:17 GMT
On Sun, 2006-06-18 at 11:03 +0200, Bruno Dumon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 23:49 +0200, Fred Vos wrote:
<snip/>
> >  Another
> > thing that is necessary is the possibility to add key-value pairs to every
> > folder and node, available in the form template. To create a directory tree
> > with directories and files, showing filename, size, date et cetera, then
> > requires the use of a directory generator and transforming its output to an
> > xml document that can be used in the tree widget.
>
> I don't think the current tree model implementation forbids to add such
> key-value pairs (or any sort of attribute) to your own tree node
> implementation. It might of course be considered to make this a
> standarized concept.

I didn't think of this before, but the example you have given is
perfectly possible with the SourceTreeModel today, without any work at
all (no pipelines to set up, no XSL to write, and in addition branches
are only loaded on demand and file name filtering is possible). So from
a user POV, using the specific SourceTreeModel really is easier in this
case. I understand this was just an example though.