cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GT2006] The 5th Cocoon GetTogether: call for ideas
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 07:21:20 GMT
On 5/1/06, Arje Cahn <a.cahn@hippo.nl> wrote:

> ...- Who is willing to organize this year's event?..

You guys did a great job last year, why not repeat it ;-)

> - Where?

Amsterdam is very convenient in terms of flights from many places.

> - When?

October was good.

> - How long?

Two days is fine IMHO, but I'd suggest a two-days Hackathon including
talks, see below.

> - How big?

Having just a Hackathon, with more or less improvised talks, might be
cool and much easier to organize. People could sign up on site to give
a talk while we're there, in an informal way.

If I try to remember last year, for me the most information-rich time
was the discussion of Cocoon internals at the Hackathon: a
collaborative talk that didn't require much planning but where people
could share their knowledge.

The "public talks" day is also good, but such talks can also happen at
ApacheCon and be received by wider audiences.

Also, the venue should stay open (including Internet connection ;-)
much longer than last time, say from 9AM to 10PM so that we don't have
to rush out just when people start waking up....

> ...I'd be happy to host the event in Amsterdam again...

+1 for Arje and the Hippo team!

-Bertrand