cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Ahles" <p.ah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Hackaton: focus on 2.2? - Documentation
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 08:30:57 GMT
Hi Carsten,

On 5/12/06, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
> hepabolu wrote:
> > Carsten Ziegeler said the following on 11-05-2006 17:57:
> >> the ugly or boring stuff. A simple example is documentation, but there
> >
> > Guys,
> >
> > I wholeheartedly agree that documentation needs to be tackled.
> Just to be clear, my statement was not targeted at anyone specific but
> at the whole community including myself. For example, I promised more
> docs about the portal months ago but just failed to provide them :(
>
> > In the meantime Simone and I have/had some discussions offlist about the
> > structure of the documentation. His ideas sound good and I prefer actual
> > work done to a long discussion to reach consensus on the best structure.
> > So I suggest that we give Simone some time to flesh out his ideas in Daisy.
> > My intention is to get pages with short descriptions of what should be
> > in there so that others can jump in and replace the description with
> > actual content. I believe it's much easier to write documentation when
> > you're triggered by a short summary.
> Good idea!
>
> Now my biggest problem is offline editing? I asked this question some
> time ago but never got any helping answer. What is the best way to edit
> the docs offline?

Being a Daisy addict for some time now, the answer is simple: you
can't (at least, not that know of). The 'only' option is to use a
simple html-editor and use only simple HTML tags like h1, h2, strong,
pre etc. Then copy and paste it if you're online.

--
Patrick

----
Neutiquam erro. Magister mundi sum!