cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [2.2] Configuration
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 18:32:39 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Suppose you have two environments: development (dev) and production
> (prod). If you create the web application, you might need different
> .xconf (database connections, root sitemap, ...) values and different
> properties.

> I propose that we have a directory "src/main/webapp-profiles" that
> contains all files for different profiles:
>
> src/main/webapp-profiles/dev/WEB-INF/xconf/cocoon-sitemap.xconf
> src/main/webapp-profiles/prod/WEB-INF/conf/cocoon-sitemap.xconf
> src/main/wenbapp-profiles/dev/WEB-INF/properties/core.properties
> src/main/wenbapp-profiles/prod/WEB-INF/properties/core.properties

Just fyi, you can define placeholders a la ${my.db.url} in text files
and have these replaced by maven during build time.

So you could do

<build>
  <filters>
    <filter>src/main/filters/${env}.properties</filter>
  </filters>
  <resources>
    <resource>
        <filtering>true</filtering>
        <includes>**/*.xconf</includes>
    <resource>
  <resources>
</build>

combined with this in settings.xml:

<profile>
  <activation>
  <properties>
    <env>prod</env>
  </properties>
</profile>

Note that ${env} in the pom is resolved to the <env> property in the
profile.

That way you wouldn't have to duplicate your configuration files.

Regards
Jorg