cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans>
Subject Re: [2.2] Configuration
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 18:32:39 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Suppose you have two environments: development (dev) and production
> (prod). If you create the web application, you might need different
> .xconf (database connections, root sitemap, ...) values and different
> properties.

> I propose that we have a directory "src/main/webapp-profiles" that
> contains all files for different profiles:
> src/main/webapp-profiles/dev/WEB-INF/xconf/cocoon-sitemap.xconf
> src/main/webapp-profiles/prod/WEB-INF/conf/cocoon-sitemap.xconf
> src/main/wenbapp-profiles/dev/WEB-INF/properties/
> src/main/wenbapp-profiles/prod/WEB-INF/properties/

Just fyi, you can define placeholders a la ${my.db.url} in text files
and have these replaced by maven during build time.

So you could do

combined with this in settings.xml:

Note that ${env} in the pom is resolved to the <env> property in the

That way you wouldn't have to duplicate your configuration files.

View raw message