cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Maven dependencies
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 17:56:43 GMT

Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Suppose you want to develop jst the block without the need to download
> the whole cocoon code. Will not be possible if we link it to the whole
> project.

If you want to develop a block "in private" you can specify whatever you
want as parent pom - even no parent pom is OK.

If you're developing a block that will be included in cocoon we'll ask
you to specify

  <parent>
    <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
    <artifactId>cocoon</artifactId>
    <version>1-SNAPSHOT</version>
  </parent>

as parent pom. Note that at this point you haven't created any library
dependencies. These only come when you depend on cocoon-core or another
block.

Does this make things more clear ? I'm having difficulties understanding
exactly what is meant/being said here.

Jorg