cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Hunsberger" <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [2.2] Configuration issues
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 14:10:07 GMT
On 5/17/06, Daniel Fagerstrom <danielf@nada.kth.se> wrote:

<snip/>

> > 2. This works only as long as the user wants to use the same
> > implementation for a component. Switching to an own implementation with
> > an own configuration is not possible.
> >
> > Any idea on how to solve this?
> Here the IMO best and most natural solution is to have different blocks
> for different implementations. Say we have two different components that
> implements the XsltProcessor inteface, the Xalan and the Saxon
> implementation. Then if you have a Xalan block with its own embedded
> configuration and a Saxon block with its own embedded configuration. If
> you want to use the Xalan implementation you deploy the Xalan block and
> if you want the Saxon implementation you deply the Saxon block.

Would this solution be able to deal with using both Saxon and Xalan or
two different versions of Saxon at different points in the same
pipeline?  In our case we have 1 critical XSLT that currently only
runs under Saxon 6 (I've tried repeatedly to get it to Saxon 8, but so
far no go).  Everything else exploits XSLT 2.0 and requires Saxon 8.
We mix these XSLT in the same pipelines all the time...

--
Peter Hunsberger