cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <>
Subject Re: Automatic releases
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 08:43:44 GMT

On Wed, 24 May 2006, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 18:46:29 +0200
> From: Reinhard Poetz <>
> Subject: Automatic releases
> Is there any possibility to provide automatic *unofficial* releases of our
> artifacts? I'm asking because for me (and I think for others too) it's an
> important requirement that only non-SNAPSHOT artifacts are used in my POMs.
> That's the only way to guarantee that a POM working today will still work
> tommorrow or in two years.
> What I'm thinking of is using Continiuum to automatically release our
> artifacts once every one or two weeks. Any chance to get this done or in
> other words, does M2 support this?

The release plugin is probably what you are looking for. It
automatically updates the pom.xml to a releasable version string (no
SNAPSHOT suffix), produces a tagged version in SVN and sets the version
string of the pom to the next dvelopment version (scm connection must be
setup correctly in the pom). The 'problem' I've faced so far is that the
plugin won't make a release if your pom depends on SNAPSHOT versions
(which obviously is a good ting).

Why do I call it a 'problem'? I've alreday migrated some 2..1x apps to
2.2 but I cannot release them as they depend on cocoon SNAPSHOT releases

- --
Giacomo Pati
Otego AG, Switzerland -
Orixo, the XML business alliance -