cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <>
Subject Re: Template block in ibiblio maven repository
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 08:27:27 GMT

On Wed, 24 May 2006, Gavin Carothers wrote:

> Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:49:33 -0400
> From: Gavin Carothers <>
> Subject: Re: Template block in ibiblio maven repository
> I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see what a maven build for
> 2.1.X looks like. If you have the time any chance of a either a copy of the
> pom or a short article on how this was done? I know the 2.2 tree is built
> around maven and is fully mavenized but even a half mavenized solution for
> 2.1.X would be a great solution for those of us who would like to use maven
> with cocoon but need the stability of the 2.1.X branch in order to deploy
> applications.

For those interested in getting a quick starter with building Cocoon
2.1.X apps with Maven 1 we do have a maven plugin for it (Credits:
developed together with peoples at Luminas, Jeremy Quinn and Andrew
Savory). It comes with no documentation at all only the code and
comments in there which should give you a clue on how to setup an cocoon
app Maven 1 project.

Extend your maven.repo.remote property with and do a

    maven plugin:download -DgroupId=maven \
          -DartifactId=maven-cocoon-plugin \

Afterwards you'll be able to browse the plugin under
$HOME/.maven/cache/maven-cocoon-plugin-1.0.13/. Especially have a look
at plugin.jelly (or do a 'maven cocoon:usage') as well as

The plugin allows you to create Cocoon apps and build it completely with
Maven 1, include customizing a somewhere (property
maven.cocoon.home has to point to it) locally installed Cocoon
distribution by use of Maven 1 It also uses the
mount-table.xml file to mount the app for RAD.

> Cheers,
> Gavin
> On Apr 29, 2006, at 11:50 PM, Jason Johnston wrote:
>> I'm converting one of my projects to use Maven for its build process.
>> I've set it up to pull down the needed Cocoon JARs from the ibiblio
>> repository at*.
>> It's working great, except I noticed that the template block included in
>> 2.1.9 is not available in that repository.  Is that something someone on
>> this list can add to ibiblio?
>> Thanks much
>> --Jason

- --