cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <>
Subject Re: How long for a full trunk build
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 19:41:03 GMT
On Thu, 18 May 2006, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:47:07 +0200
> From: Bertrand Delacretaz <>
> Subject: Re: How long for a full trunk build
> On 5/18/06, Reinhard Poetz <> wrote:
>>  ...I also encounter problems with artifact downloads and I saw
>>  many comments by frustrated users on other ASF mailing lists. Maybe we
>>  should
>>  revive the idea setting up our own mirror with all dependencies that trunk
>>  needs. Andrew, is your offer still valid?..
> As you can gather between the lines I am frustrated too, actually I
> gave up trying to build the trunk in the last few days.
> So if someone could setup a mirror, they'd sure get a free beverage of
> their choice from me.

I was always suprised about those comments like "trunk doesn't build"
many of you reported as I had those download troubles maybe one or two
time since we switched to M2. I build trunk regularly once or even more
a day in the last weeks (migrating 2.1.x apps to 2.2) without any

A full build without an initial $HOME/.m2/repository needs about 80
minutes to build (yes, lots of downloads from lame servers). A full
build afterwards needs about 5 minutes all on a dual Xeon Hyperthreading
machine with 4G memory machine. I build with:

 	mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true clean install

Giacomo Pati
Otego AG, Switzerland -
Orixo, the XML business alliance -

View raw message