cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven dependencies
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 08:29:35 GMT

On Wed, 10 May 2006, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 10:22:06 -0500
> From: Antonio Gallardo <agallardo@agssa.net>
> To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Maven dependencies
>
> Hi Giacomo,
>
> Thanks for pointing out this.
>
> Is this a eggs chicken problem? Try to explain, blocks should have
> independence on his own dependencies or is this not desired (all the blocks
> should have the same dependencies)? Am I mixing here the osgi promise? I am
> not confrontating. I want to find a way to solve this.

Yes, it may you are mixing thhings. As long as we don't have the blocks
being separated by their own classloader we do have a problem if we end
up having multiple versions of the same artifact in WEB-INF/lib.

If we COMPLETELY switch to OSGI based Cocoon-Blocks (which should have
classloader isolation) than a block can have whatever artifact it needs,
as long as it is not exposing it to the world.

HTH

Giacomo

> Best Regards,
>
> Antonio Gallardo