cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Naumov <igornau...@hotmail.com>
Subject Null pointer exception in LDAP transformer
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 06:22:49 GMT
Sorry for a repeated post, the first one had a wrong subject (was Name
attribute in SQL transformer)

I am using Cocoon 2.1.9 and I am having a problem with LDAPTransformer
(cocoon-naming block).
Running on SAP NetWeaver J2EE server, the transformer trows a null
pointer exception (from startElement) trying to compare a string uri
which happens to be null.
If I add the null check at the very top of startElement in
src\blocks\naming\java\org\apache\cocoon\transformation\LDAPTransformer.java
:

if (uri == null) {
    super.startElement(uri, name, raw, attributes);
    return;
}

then everything works fine.

I am not sure who is maintaining the naming block, but may be somebody
will consider including this?

Igor