cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Load/Save model events never send?
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 07:56:24 GMT
Simone Gianni wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
> yes, you are right, those events are there but are never sent. I wrote
> about it here
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1685#action_12367041 .
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know which is the best place to broadcast these
> events. The BindingManager returns a Binding instance (which could be
> anything) and on that instance the save and load methods are called
> directly form the javascript/javaflow FOM implementations. Maybe we
> could add a loading(Binding binding, Object model) and saving(..)
> methods to the form, and have them called either by the various base
> binding classes or the javascript/javaflow FOM implementations, to
> notify the form that its being loaded/saved. From there we could then
> broadcast the events, and also do something else in the future.
I'm not sure I can follow you completly here :) - I'm not an expert in
CForms;
I think we should add some "inform" method for loading/saving to the
Form object (like you say above) and invoke this from the various
Binding implementations.
Now, I'm not sure about the signature of these methods. I think we
neither need to pass the Binding nor the Objectmodel into the form
object; just an invokation should be sufficient. This reduces the
dependencies.

WDYT?

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de