cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spring - conf/applicationContext.xml | global bean definitions
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 17:51:33 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> hmm, yes, this could be a general solution for people that want to add their own
> listeners without losing the possibility of using the paranoid classloader and
> the reloading classloader.
>
> Just for Spring I prefer adding
>
> <include-beans src="WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml"/>
>
> to cocoon.xconf.
> Is there any advantage of using a listener instead of adding beans via
> <include-beans/>?

Hmm, if you are using Cocoon, I don't think so. There are some
advantages in general: using a listener is the usual Spring way, so you
don't have to learn something new (ok, this is only a minimal
advantage). But a listener has the advantage that the context is
available to other servlets (!= Cocoon) as well. So it might make sense
to use a listener instead.

I'll go and add a paranoid listener today.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/