cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spring - conf/applicationContext.xml | global bean definitions
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 17:28:17 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>
>>>ok. Than I will try to use the standard Spring way:
>>>
>>><context-param>
>>>   <param-name>contextConfigLocation</param-name>
>>>   <param-value>/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml</param-value>
>>></context-param>
>>>
>>><listener>
>>><listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
>>></listener>
>>>
>>>in the cocoon-22-webapp-archetype but I guess this will not work together with

>>>paranoid classloading and the reloading classloader because the listener is
>>>declared outside of Cocoon.
>>
>>Yes, I noticed this problem as well. Unfortunately, listeners can't have
>>any parameters, so we can't provide a wrapper here (which is bad). We
>>could provide our own Spring-paranoid-contextloaderlistener, but I'm not
>>sure if this is a good idea?
>>

> What do you think, if we provide our own listener which gets a
> configuration parameter from the servlet context and this parameter
> contains all listener classes, so we rewrite:
>
> <listener>
>   <listener-class>packagea.classa</listener-class>
>   <listener-class>packageb.classb</listener-class>
> </listener>

> <context-param>
>   <param-name>o.a.c.OurListener</param-name>
>   <param-value>packagea.classa,packageb.classb</param-value>
> </context-param>
>
> <listener>
>   <listener-class>o.a.c.OurListener</listener-class>
> </listener>

hmm, yes, this could be a general solution for people that want to add their own
listeners without losing the possibility of using the paranoid classloader and
the reloading classloader.

Just for Spring I prefer adding

<include-beans src="WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml"/>

to cocoon.xconf.
Is there any advantage of using a listener instead of adding beans via
<include-beans/>?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc