cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spring - conf/applicationContext.xml | global bean definitions
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 17:08:49 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> ok. Than I will try to use the standard Spring way:
>>
>> <context-param>
>>    <param-name>contextConfigLocation</param-name>
>>    <param-value>/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml</param-value>
>> </context-param>
>>
>> <listener>
>> <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
>> </listener>
>>
>> in the cocoon-22-webapp-archetype but I guess this will not work together with
>> paranoid classloading and the reloading classloader because the listener is
>> declared outside of Cocoon.
> Yes, I noticed this problem as well. Unfortunately, listeners can't have
> any parameters, so we can't provide a wrapper here (which is bad). We
> could provide our own Spring-paranoid-contextloaderlistener, but I'm not
> sure if this is a good idea?

What do you think, if we provide our own listener which gets a
configuration parameter from the servlet context and this parameter
contains all listener classes, so we rewrite:

<listener>
  <listener-class>packagea.classa</listener-class>
  <listener-class>packageb.classb</listener-class>
</listener>

<context-param>
  <param-name>o.a.c.OurListener</param-name>
  <param-value>packagea.classa,packageb.classb</param-value>
</context-param>

<listener>
  <listener-class>o.a.c.OurListener</listener-class>
</listener>

WDYT?

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de