cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Automatic releases
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 16:26:42 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> yes, when we know that it works at all, I will follow your advice.
> thanks.
>
> Having my Cocoon PMC member hat on, I have another problem with Maven
> artifacts: They don't contain licensing information or a NOTICE file.
> As in the future, Maven artifacts will be our actual releases
> (everything else is just for demos), I'm not sure if this is legally
> correct.
> Does anybody know of some discussions? Usually I'm following
> legal-discuss@apache but can't recall of a thread dealing with this
> problem.
>
> WDYT?

I've never seen a discussion on this, but it has always seemed to me
that the repository should contain a legal and a src directory adjacent
to the pom, jar, war, etc directories.  legal should contain the license
and src should contain the zipped src that matches the artifacts.  While
adding the src would take up quite a bit more space, it would make it
much easier to get the source when you need it.

Ralph