cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spring - conf/applicationContext.xml | global bean definitions
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 13:02:32 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> ok. Than I will try to use the standard Spring way:
>
> <context-param>
>    <param-name>contextConfigLocation</param-name>
>    <param-value>/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml</param-value>
> </context-param>
>
> <listener>
> <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
> </listener>
>
> in the cocoon-22-webapp-archetype but I guess this will not work together with
> paranoid classloading and the reloading classloader because the listener is
> declared outside of Cocoon.
Yes, I noticed this problem as well. Unfortunately, listeners can't have
any parameters, so we can't provide a wrapper here (which is bad). We
could provide our own Spring-paranoid-contextloaderlistener, but I'm not
sure if this is a good idea?

>                                     - o -
>
> Apart from that I will add
>
> <include-beans dir="context://WEB-INF/spring" pattern="*.xml/>
>
> to the cocoon.xconf so that we can have bean definition files in blocks.

Great (I guess you know this, but just in case, you have to provide an
empty directory
named "spring").

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de