cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spring - conf/applicationContext.xml | global bean definitions
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 12:48:02 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hmm, I don't know what's best, but there is no default automatic include
> for this, so you have to add an include in the sitemap anyway. Imho you
> should move your configuration into a subdirectory and not in the same
> as the sitemap itself.

ok, didn't know this as the inclusion mechanism of the former spring-app block
was different.

>>Anyway, I'm not sure if I want to have Spring components at sitemap level at all
>>(at least in my applications).
>
> It's optional :)
>

>>I would prefer having some global mechanism,
>>similar to WEB-INF/xconf for Spring beans. We could introduce something like
>>WEB-INF/spring/ into which you can put as many bean definition files as you want.
>
> Oh, this already works! Just put a:
>
> <include-beans dir="context://WEB-INF/spring" pattern="*.xml/>
>
> in the cocoon.xconf.
>
> (Ok, to be honest, I haven't tested it yet, but it should work...).
>
> Now, I don't know if you need this as this is Cocoon specific. If you
> use Spring, you usually setup your application context via the web.xml
> and configure the location of the xml files there as well. So I'm not
> sure if there is a need for our own global inclusion mechanism. If
> you're using Spring this way, the Spring application context is the
> parent of Cocoon's bean factory, so all beans are available within Cocoon.

ok. Than I will try to use the standard Spring way:

<context-param>
   <param-value>/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml</param-value>
</context-param>

<listener>
<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
</listener>

in the cocoon-22-webapp-archetype but I guess this will not work together with
paranoid classloading and the reloading classloader because the listener is
declared outside of Cocoon.

                                    - o -

Apart from that I will add

<include-beans dir="context://WEB-INF/spring" pattern="*.xml/>

to the cocoon.xconf so that we can have bean definition files in blocks.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc