cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Spring - conf/applicationContext.xml | global bean definitions
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 10:30:18 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> It's already there :) In the webapp under samples/spring. The last time
> I checked it (some weeks ago) it worked using:
> http://localhost:8888/samples/spring.

Thanks, I found the samples and they still work :-)
                                       - o -

I'm not perfectly happy with having the Spring configuration in
"conf/applicationContext.xml" which is relative to the sitemap it belongs to.
What about having applicationContext.xml in the same directory as the sitemap as
default?

Anyway, I'm not sure if I want to have Spring components at sitemap level at all
(at least in my applications). I would prefer having some global mechanism,
similar to WEB-INF/xconf for Spring beans. We could introduce something like
WEB-INF/spring/ into which you can put as many bean definition files as you want.

Thinking further, Spring configurations could be placed in
META-INF/legacy/spring for a particular block. Daniel, any objections from a
Cocoon 3 POV?

WDYT?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc