cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Craeg Strong <cstr...@arielpartners.com>
Subject Pattern for use of sub-pipelines to grab content at different stages?
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 05:34:34 GMT
Hello:

I want to assemble a web page the way a factory assembles a car.
That is, I want to assemble a transmission, and set it aside (cache my
header/footer)
I want to assemble a chassis, and set it aside (cache my user-specific
menu bar)
Then I want to include the transmission, chassis, and frame into the
final car (document).
I think I can do the above with cocoon using cacheable sub-pipelines and
xinclude, is that right?

All the examples I have seen to date that use xinclude and aggregators
don't seem to support caching intermediate products.

I asked the above question on the user list with no luck.  Any pointers
are much appreciated!

Regards,

--Craeg