cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Classloading
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 13:20:55 GMT
I made some updates to the class loading stuff.
The paranoid servlet is now working again (at least for me). One problem
was a class cast exception as somehow the servlet.jar is copied into
WEB-INF/lib. So there seems to be a faulty pom somewhere! I don't have a
clue right now how to find the pom which is causing this. So I exclude
the packages "java.**" and "javax.servlet.**" from paranoid classpath

The per sitemap classloading is now in again, but I didn't test it yet;
I won't test it before next week. Now, it seems that Spring is using the
ThreadContext classloader for instantiating new beans, so as we set this
class loader it should work...however I think we have problems with the
Cocoon: protocol here. If one sitemap is using the cocoon: protocol
which refers to a different sitemap with a different classloader we have
to switch the thread context class loader! (This switching is currently
done for several other "components" and is required due to the nature of
the sax streams). I more and more come to the conclusion that we should
not directly stream if the cocoon: protocol is used. There are too many
things which might differ between two sitemaps and we have to
set/restore them for each and every sax event. So buffering creates a
much safer environment here (of course with the cost of loosing a little
performance).

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/