cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Classloading
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 15:38:10 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz schrieb:

>>>Not sure we can (Reinhard?)
>>
>>The cocoon-deployer-maven-plugin *extends* the maven-war-plugin as good as
>>possible[1]. We only have to upgrade the dependency in the POM whenever we want
>>to use a new maven-war-plugin.
>>The only disadvantage of this is that implementing Carsten's idea "c) Change the
>>deployer tool to *not* put all jars in WEB-INF/lib and classes in
>>WEB-INF/classes."  would lead to a lot of code duplication as we would have to
>>build the web application ourselves. So I'm -1 on this as at least I don't want
>>to maintain this fork.
>>

> Ok, are you -1 on the whole classloading idea or just on point c)?

only point c)
except we find some way so that we don't have to reinvent the maven-war-plugin

> haven't looked at your deployer tool and I only briefly looked at the
> maven war plugin some time ago, but couldn't we just extend the plugin
> (like you do) and move the jar files from WEB-INF/lib to "whatever
> directory we want" after the original code is finished building the
> webapp. So this would be a simple post processor.

hmmm, that would be easy but I'm not sure if we should really do this. If the
ParanoidClassloader is not used, the developer has to take care that he
configures the cocoon-deployer-plugin correctly too.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc