cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Classloading
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 13:46:07 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

>> Hmm, good question.
>>

>>> Do we need to clone the maven webapp-plugin (the one creating a
>>> war/webapp structure)?
>>
>> No, I think/hope that we can do this in our deployer tool.
>

> Not sure we can (Reinhard?)

The cocoon-deployer-maven-plugin *extends* the maven-war-plugin as good as
possible[1]. We only have to upgrade the dependency in the POM whenever we want
to use a new maven-war-plugin.
The only disadvantage of this is that implementing Carsten's idea "c) Change the
deployer tool to *not* put all jars in WEB-INF/lib and classes in
WEB-INF/classes."  would lead to a lot of code duplication as we would have to
build the web application ourselves. So I'm -1 on this as at least I don't want
to maintain this fork.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-block-deployer/cocoon-deployer-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/maven/deployer/AbstractDeployMojo.java

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc