cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [2.2] Classloading
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 11:26:14 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
>> b) might work, but since you want it to be the default ClassLoader I
>> expect problems users forgot about wrapping their stuff in web.xml.
>>

> Yes, that's true - but apart from that what do you think about the idea?

As, we want to make Cocoon less monolithic and easier to use together
with other web frameworks, it seem like a step in the wrong direction to
require all servlets and filters to be wrapped and use non-standard
classloading.

I don't remember what classloading problems we have, could you give some
background or a link to the previous discussion you referred to, so that
I can create a more informed opinion about the issue.

/Daniel