cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Classloading
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 07:46:10 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:
> How does this work if one has added ServletFilters or a top level
> Spring applicationContext? Does he has to take care of it's own to
> deploy the necessary jars at the right place?
Hmm, good question.

> Do we need to clone the maven webapp-plugin (the one creating a
> war/webapp structure)?
No, I think/hope that we can do this in our deployer tool.

> At the first glance it doesn't seem so easy to me

Yes, you're right. Now I see two solutions (perhaps there are more?):
a) We forget about the paranoid class loading completly as this causes
too much problems with other servlets or filters defined in the webapp.
This would require to rely on the application server when it comes to
class loading.

b) We require that every servlet and filter use our paranoid class
loader. We could achieve this by wrapping our ParanoidServlet and our
ParanoidFilter class around the real servlet/filter in the web.xml. So
all you have to do is a little bit more configuration in web.xml.
Instead of directly configuring your servlet/filter you configure the
wrapper and give your class as a parameter. Together with the deployer
tool everything else should be transparent.

I would try to go for b)

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/