cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: How long for a full trunk build
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 17:46:13 GMT
Hi,

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Maybe we should revive the idea setting up our own mirror with all
> dependencies that trunk needs. Andrew, is your offer still valid?

Yes, the offer still stands - however, I think there are two things we
need to agree on first:

1) As Pier pointed out previously, is it done in a 'apache-friendly'
way, rather than a quick hack of an alternate? (e.g. is it more useful
to provide resources to ibiblio or whatever?)

2) It should require *no* complicated command-line magic to work; I see
lots of suggestions for how to do a successful build, but none of them
are suitable replacements for the 'end user'.

If everyone agrees on (1) and (2) being satisfied, I'm willing to make
it happen and claim my free beverage ;-)

Thanks,

Andrew.
Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/