cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Re: ParanoidCocoonServlet
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 16:28:07 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz schrieb:
>> wrote:
>>>Author: reinhard
>>>Date: Thu May 18 04:32:59 2006
>>>New Revision: 407533
>>>alter server version number to '2.2'; uncomment ParanoidCocoonServlet as it's
not working ATM
>>no offense but the ParanoidCocoonServlet causes exceptions for me because of
>>problems with changed method signatures. Carsten, did you check in all changes?
> Yes and it did work for me; are you sure that you are using the version
> build locally?
> If you look here:
> you see that I changed the createClassLoader() method to be able to
> instantiate a "normal" ParanoidClassLoader again.
> I had similar problems with m2 and now I'm always doing a "clean
> install" and most times remove my local repo as well.

Now I get a different error - see below. I guess this is some subtle difference
between how "your" Maven is working compared to mine. It's so crazy. If two
computers have installed Maven in the same version, this doesn't mean that our
two installations are the same because of the always chainging Maven artifacts.
My latest problem: Maven didn't accept my locally installed artifacts when the
artifact graph was constructed. After deleting half a dozen Maven artifacts and
downloading them again, it seems to work.

I don't want to say that I regret the move to M2 but I'm not convinced anymore
that some design desicions of the Maven project are right :-/

Here the error:

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Failure
         at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.startJetty(AbstractJettyMo
         at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.execute(AbstractJettyMojo.
         at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyRunMojo.execute(AbstractJettyRu
         at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6RunMojo.execute(
         at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
         ... 16 more
Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot load servlet org.apache.cocoon
         at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.ParanoidCocoonServlet.init(ParanoidCocoonSe
         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.jav
         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(
         at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(
         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.ja
         at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.jav
         at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(
         at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(
         at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(
         at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection
         at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(
         at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(
         at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginServer.start(Jetty6PluginServer.
         at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.startJetty(AbstractJettyMo
         ... 21 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException
         at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.ParanoidCocoonServlet.init(ParanoidCocoonSe
         ... 34 more
[INFO] Total time: 4 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu May 18 17:16:34 GMT+01:00 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 7M/14M
1092 [Shutdown] INFO org.mortbay.log - Shutdown hook executing
1092 [Shutdown] INFO org.mortbay.log - Shutdown hook complete

Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC:

View raw message