cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How long for a full trunk build
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 13:43:22 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On 5/18/06, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> ...I had similar problems with m2 and now I'm always doing a "clean
>> install" and most times remove my local repo as well...
>

> Just curious, how much time do you need for a clean build of the
> trunk, starting with an empty m2 repository?
>
> I've had several occurences where the whole thing was not finished
> after more than an hour, using an usually fast DSL or similar
> connection. For some reason, the repository downloads seem to be very
> slow here.

Not only for you. I also encounter problems with artifact downloads and I saw
many comments by frustrated users on other ASF mailing lists. Maybe we should
revive the idea setting up our own mirror with all dependencies that trunk
needs. Andrew, is your offer still valid?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc