cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding a ProcessingPhaseListener to a form?
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 08:47:55 GMT
Reinhard Poetz schrieb:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Is there any way of adding a ProcessingPhaseListener to the form apart
>> from using the Java API. Can I configure such a listener in the form
>> model? If not, can anyone point me to the location where to add such a
>> thing?
>
> IIRC it's not possible. What's your use case?

We have forms where some fields are only requried if other fields have a
specific value or if a specific submit button is pressed. Currently we
are solving this with a custom mechanism using validators. This approach
is in fact very ugly and requires some changes in the cforms.

I think a clean way would be to define these "rules" on the form and
process them after the values have been read from the request. So
basically I would like to have a configuration in the model like:

<required required-id="a-widget" source-id="some-other-widget"
source-value="some-value"/>
or
<required required-id="a-widget" submit-id="some-submit-id"/>

(Don't quote me on the correct syntax or the names used)

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/