cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RAD with Cocoon 2.2
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 07:50:54 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> On Wed, 17 May 2006, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:56:23 +0200
>> From: Reinhard Poetz <reinhard@apache.org>
>> To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: RAD with Cocoon 2.2
>>
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>>>  Now I think that per sitemap configuration and even per sitemap class
>>>  something like this.
>>

>> With Cocoon 3.0 and applications that are really split into blocks, we
>> should only support one way of application modularization and I agree
>> with Daniel that this should be at the block level. But things like
>> this don't need to be decided today.
>

> Well, in this case we need to deprecate the map:mount element. Are we
> willing to do that?

na, that might be too much ;-)
What I'm concerned about is that with OSGi we're using a framework that takes
care of classloading by providing shielded classloaders and we would alter the
classloader too.

I propose that we continue our discussion when we are preparing the first C3
release.

                                   - o -

So what do we want? IMO we should release Cocoon 2.2 very soon and not adding
<map:classloader> would lead to a major feature loss. Daniel, I understand your
concerns (see above) but without the <map:classloader> C22 development doesn't
make much fun because of the continious container restarts. WDYT?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc