cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [2.2] Configuration issues
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 21:54:23 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> No, I meant something different than the mechanism today, something
> that works like the PropertyOverrideConfigurer in Spring. Say that you
> have a configuration file like:
>
>   <store logger="core.store">
>     <parameter name="maxobjects" value="1000"/>
>     <parameter name="use-cache-directory" value="true"/>
>   </store>
>
> Then my idea was that you should be able to override the maxobjects
> property by just providing a property:
>
> store.maxobjects=2000
>
> The mechanism of today is more like the PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer
> in Spring and would require you to rewrite the configuration file like:
>
>   <store logger="core.store">
>     <parameter name="maxobjects" value="${store.maxobjects}"/>
>     <parameter name="use-cache-directory"
> value="${store.use-cache-directory}"/>
>   </store>
>
> and provide default property files for all properties.

Oh, OK. But we also support

    <component-instance name="javascript"
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter">

<load-on-startup>resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/fom/fom_system.js</load-on-startup>
      <reload-scripts>${javascript.reload-scripts}</reload-scripts>
      <check-time>${javascript.check-time}</check-time>
    </component-instance>

Would this be replaced by

javascript.reload-scripts = true

i.e., How does it know when to look for attributes versus the value of
child elements? Or would it just assume you won't have an attribute with
the same name as a child element?

I'm actually surprised that the syntax for your example isn't

store.parameter.maxobjects = 2000.

But I've never looked into this feature in Spring.

Ralph