cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Configuration issues
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 13:59:34 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Here the IMO best and most natural solution is to have different blocks
> for different implementations. Say we have two different components that
> implements the XsltProcessor inteface, the Xalan and the Saxon
> implementation. Then if you have a Xalan block with its own embedded
> configuration and a Saxon block with its own embedded configuration. If
> you want to use the Xalan implementation you deploy the Xalan block and
> if you want the Saxon implementation you deply the Saxon block.
>
> The result of this thinking is that you have typically smaller and more
> focused blocks, that contain components that are used togerther.
>
> WDYT?
I'm not sure - on the one hand you're probably right. But this will lead
to too many blocks. If you think this through, this will require that
you make for each and every component an own block just to be able to
use a different implementation.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/