cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RAD with Cocoon 2.2
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 13:56:23 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Now I think that per sitemap configuration and even per sitemap class
> something like this.

With Cocoon 3.0 and applications that are really split into blocks, we should
only support one way of application modularization and I agree with Daniel that
this should be at the block level. But things like this don't need to be decided
today.

> With 2.2 you include your component configs from
> the sitemap and you define your classpath in the sitemap. With real
> blocks there are only minimal changes as you just have to remove the
> include and the classpath definition from your sitemap and but these
> somewhere in the block config - and that's it. Your configuration of
> your components stays the same.

right except that each block already has it's own classloader (remember, OSGi
;-) ...).

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc