cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RAD with Cocoon 2.2
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 13:49:51 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz skrev:
>

>> Maven brings a lot of advantages to standardize the development
>> process but also makes development of applications more difficult as
>> you spread your applications over different artifacts.
>>
>> In the light of this I think we should revert our removal of the
>> per-sitemap classloading
>> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=114150323011155&w=2).
>> As the removal was part of a refactoring of the sitemap engine, could
>> sombody give me a description of what needs to be done?
>>
> I agree that RAD is important, but I would prefer to put the dynamic
> classloading in the block level container rather than within the
> sitemap. Component handling within the sitemap is mix of concern IMO.

I agree

> know that it has been a must for this far, as sub sitemap has been the
> only mechanism for modularization. But with blocks we have a much better
> mechanism for modularization so I think we should focus on that and
> maybe even deprecate the sitemap component declarations.

With 2.2 blocks are only deployment units. Within Cocoon 2.2 there is no concept
of blocks, no blocks protocol, no shielded classloader (I know that you know but
just to speak it out)

> By separating the dynamic classloading from the sitemap and connect it
> to the container, we simplify our architecture considerably. Also
> dynamic classloading could be interesting for other Spring users, so
> maybe we could even cooperate with the Spring community about it.

hmm, not sure if I understand what you mean. IIUC each sitemap has its own
Spring bean factory (container). Do you want to make the classloader, which is
used to create the bean factory, configureable?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc