cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: RAD with Cocoon 2.2
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 12:45:48 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom schrieb:
> Reinhard Poetz skrev:
>> Maven brings a lot of advantages to standardize the development
>> process but also makes development of applications more difficult as
>> you spread your applications over different artifacts.
>> In the light of this I think we should revert our removal of the
>> per-sitemap classloading
>> (
>> As the removal was part of a refactoring of the sitemap engine, could
>> sombody give me a description of what needs to be done?
> I agree that RAD is important, but I would prefer to put the dynamic
> classloading in the block level container rather than within the
> sitemap. Component handling within the sitemap is mix of concern IMO. I
> know that it has been a must for this far, as sub sitemap has been the
> only mechanism for modularization. But with blocks we have a much better
> mechanism for modularization so I think we should focus on that and
> maybe even deprecate the sitemap component declarations.
> By separating the dynamic classloading from the sitemap and connect it
> to the container, we simplify our architecture considerably. Also
> dynamic classloading could be interesting for other Spring users, so
> maybe we could even cooperate with the Spring community about it.
Now I think that per sitemap configuration and even per sitemap class
something like this. With 2.2 you include your component configs from
the sitemap and you define your classpath in the sitemap. With real
blocks there are only minimal changes as you just have to remove the
include and the classpath definition from your sitemap and but these
somewhere in the block config - and that's it. Your configuration of
your components stays the same.