cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RAD with Cocoon 2.2
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 12:03:56 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Maven brings a lot of advantages to standardize the development
>> process but also makes development of applications more difficult as
>> you spread your applications over different artifacts.
>>
>> In the light of this I think we should revert our removal of the
>> per-sitemap classloading
>> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=114150323011155&w=2).
>> As the removal was part of a refactoring of the sitemap engine, could
>> sombody give me a description of what needs to be done?
>
> The main idea is to create a classloader with what is defined by
> <map:classpath> in the sitemap, and use that classloader to create the
> container for components in <map:components>
>
> This is achieved by giving this classloader to the container (was
> possible with ECM, don't know with Spring) and setting it as the
> thread's default classloader before processing a request in the sitemap
> (and restoring the old one at the end).

Afaik, Spring has no support for own classloaders (but I might be
wrong), but I guess if we instantiate the new BeanFactory in an own
classloader everything should work from there as expected.
So, creating an own classloader, setting/restoring the thread context
classloader and creating the bean factory using this classloader should
be all.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/