cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: RAD with Cocoon 2.2
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 11:47:13 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Maven brings a lot of advantages to standardize the development process but also
> makes development of applications more difficult as you spread your applications
> over different artifacts.
> In the light of this I think we should revert our removal of the per-sitemap
> classloading
> ( As the

> removal was part of a refactoring of the sitemap engine, could sombody give me a
> description of what needs to be done?
I'm not against readding the per sitemap classloaders, but before this I
would suggest that we think about how development with 2.2 can be done.
With 2.1.x you can develop your application directory from within your
IDE, you don't have to invoke a build script, you don't have to copy
files after you changed them etc.; And you don't have to use different
configurations (like classpaths) for development. "It just works".
And I think this should be the way for 2.2 as well.