cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <>
Subject Re: RAD with Cocoon 2.2
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 11:12:11 GMT
Reinhard Poetz skrev:
> Maven brings a lot of advantages to standardize the development
> process but also makes development of applications more difficult as
> you spread your applications over different artifacts.
> In the light of this I think we should revert our removal of the
> per-sitemap classloading
> (
> As the removal was part of a refactoring of the sitemap engine, could
> sombody give me a description of what needs to be done?
I agree that RAD is important, but I would prefer to put the dynamic
classloading in the block level container rather than within the
sitemap. Component handling within the sitemap is mix of concern IMO. I
know that it has been a must for this far, as sub sitemap has been the
only mechanism for modularization. But with blocks we have a much better
mechanism for modularization so I think we should focus on that and
maybe even deprecate the sitemap component declarations.

By separating the dynamic classloading from the sitemap and connect it
to the container, we simplify our architecture considerably. Also
dynamic classloading could be interesting for other Spring users, so
maybe we could even cooperate with the Spring community about it.

View raw message