cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RAD with Cocoon 2.2
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 10:55:43 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Maven brings a lot of advantages to standardize the development
> process but also makes development of applications more difficult as
> you spread your applications over different artifacts.
>
> In the light of this I think we should revert our removal of the
> per-sitemap classloading
> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=114150323011155&w=2).
> As the removal was part of a refactoring of the sitemap engine, could
> sombody give me a description of what needs to be done?

The main idea is to create a classloader with what is defined by
<map:classpath> in the sitemap, and use that classloader to create the
container for components in <map:components>

This is achieved by giving this classloader to the container (was
possible with ECM, don't know with Spring) and setting it as the
thread's default classloader before processing a request in the sitemap
(and restoring the old one at the end).

This allowed classes to be reloaded when the sitemap was reloaded.
Torsten later added a file monitor that tracks changes to the contents
of the classpath and triggers the sitemap reloading.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net