cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: What does a Cocoon 2.2 release consist of?
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 21:47:10 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>>> As important as what the release should consist of is what the release
>>> should not contain. Imho we should remove all OSGi related stuff from
>>> the release to not confuse users.
>> I think this causes a lot of work without a benefit. As you said some time ago,
>> user don't look into the internals of jars, they just want to use them.
> :) - As long as this is hidden in a jar, I'm fine. But what about
> configuration files
> like wiring.xml lying in the root directory? And I don't want to ship
> OSGi related jars (I know with maven we don't technically ship them).

All OSGi dependencies in cocoon-core are in o.a.c.core.osgi, so it is
just to filter away that directory and not depending on the OSGi api
jars. This can probably be done by using the profile concept in M2.

Now, the two OSGi API jars are together less than 150kB, so it is
questionable if it is worthwhile to remove them.

/Daniel