cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Configuration issues
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 10:24:33 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> How does OSGi solve this?
>
> Since OSGi4 declarative services are supported. Think of Spring dependency
> injection but considering interface/implementation relations. You can use the
> OSGi configuratonAdmin service to change an injected component or a component's
> properties.
Ok, but this is then configuration at runtime and not at development
time, right? Where are those values stored?

> Additionally we have the possibility to redisgn e.g. forms and portal to use the
> OSGi whiteboard pattern[1]. Using it makes extending them very simple as it
> makes extensions very simple - you just have to provide a component that
> implements a particular interface and it is automatically added as reference to
> another component.

I don't want to rewrite blocks in order to use OSGi and I think one of
our main goals for using OSGi is that this does not affect the way how I
develop blocks which means it is totally transparent. So imho we need an
OSGi-free way which works at development time.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/